Special Education Supervisor Mentorship
The NCSA implemented the Special Education Supervisor Mentor Program to provide on-going assistance and resources to first year special education supervisors in Nebraska. This program has two distinct parts: (1) meetings at the state level, and (2) a mentorship program. The program is jointly coordinated by NCSA and NASES, an affiliate association of NCSA.
For more information, contact
Peggy Romshek, NASES New Member Liaison
The objectives of the Special Education Supervisor Mentor Program are to:
- Expand knowledge of leadership skills and instructional leadership practices in the area of special education;
- Increase access to challenging opportunities and responsibilities;
- Create opportunities to discuss educational issues;
- Provide ongoing support and encouragement;
- Provide honest and constructive feedback;
- Help access information;
- Assist in building professional networks
- Increase an understanding in Special Education finance and
- Connect new Special Education Directors with NDE Special Education Office
The objectives of the program are met through various activities coordinated by the NASES New Member Liaison and NASES officers, including group meetings, individual consultations, and communications with new special education directors. Most of these activities will be held in conjunction with regularly scheduled NASES meetings. This will include at least one separate meeting for the NASES New Members and their mentors in conjunction with NDE Special Education office.